Friday, October 5, 2012

JEANNE BROOKS - I WOULD DRAW NEARER TO JESUS

Today I am pleased to share a posting from my friend Jeanne Brooks, author of several great books.  Two, I enjoyed reading and reviewing.  At the end of this first week of October, and the holidays fast approaching, some of us can relate to her words and the words of this old lovely hymn and take comfort in the words.

I WOULD DRAW NEARER TO JESUS


JEANNE BROOKS
Across the Wilderness
Through the Waters



























I Would Draw Nearer To Jesus



  • When you feel sad or discouraged, angry or frustrated, what's one of the things yo want to do? For me, it is to talk to someone who will understand, usually a friend. Lately I've been car-pooling with a friend, and I find that venting our frustrations about or talking about a home issue of concern helps lift that weight off my shoulders, even if for only a short time. Drawing close to family and friends at the time of my daughter's death certainly helped me over that hurdle!

    Last night, I was on the airplane and next to me sat a woman who talked of her reasons for traveling. She had lost one of her sons (and his wife) in a car accident 8 years ago, and almost to the day, this past week, her sister also lost a son in a car crash! She rushed to her sister's side to give her comfort, as well as helping her make decisions about organ donations, as she had done 8 years prior. She mentioned, "Who would have thought two sister would experience such similar loss, and that I would need to be there for her 8 years later?" Only God! "He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." (2 Corinthians 1:4 CEB)

    My ♥ song this morning reminds me of how important it is to actively seek that comfort; don't just expect to feel it because you've been a Christian for whatever number of years. Feelings can be deceiving! They are often based on an emotional, gut response, but true comfort comes from the knowledge that Jesus is the one Friend on Whom you can always depend and He understands EVERY sorrow, pain, or challenge you face!

    "I would draw nearer to Jesus,
    In His sweet presence abide,
    Constantly trying to serve Him,
    Safe and secure at His side.

    REFRAIN:
    I would draw nearer to Jesus,
    I would draw nearer to Him;
    Fully surrendered each moment,
    I would draw nearer to Him.

    I would draw nearer to Jesus,
    Nothing withholding from Him,
    Knowing He loves to be gracious,
    I would draw nearer to Him.

    I would draw nearer to Jesus,
    Seeking His strength to be true,
    Willing to tell of His goodness,
    Gladly His blest will to do."

    "...and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 30:21 KJV). Have a blessed day.

    Unfortunately, I can't find a youtube of this great hymn, so hopefully the words suffice.

    ><> ♥
    Jeanne

    :^)




    Knowing he loves to be gracious, seeking the strength, and willing to tell of His  goodness...... all these wonderful things about Jesus we can take to share now and always.  Have a blessed weekend.


    Hugs,
    Barb



     ♥                      


No comments:

Post a Comment