Friday, May 13, 2011

A DATE HAS BEEN SET........WOO HOO....WHOOPEE.....

Hi Friends,

It's doubtful that some of you might not be happy about a date for surgery. However, yesterday I received some good news that my first appointment with the orthopedic surgeon is May 25th and knee replacement surgery on my left knee will be two weeks later, so around June 8th I'm looking forward to getting a much needed surgery over with and be on the way to healing and therapy.

Well....I'm not looking forward to the therapy, but it's a clear choice that I'll do what it takes to be rid of the excruciating pain that has increasingly worsened to a stage that I can barely walk.  I am full of hope that the Lord will help me to walk a little easier again.  I know that I will experience back pain, hip pain, hand and feet pain and I can handle that pretty well.  I have arthritis in many joints, plus neuropathy and gout in the legs and feet.

I'm not writing this to tell you all my troubles, just to let you know why I'm so happy to finally have hope that I can get around a little easier with the trusty help of my cane, walker and wheel chair.  I keep having this dreamlike picture of me throwing my crutches, cane and walker in the air with a cheer and kissing my wheelchair goodbye.  Well, I believe in miracles and it could happen! Don't you agree?

 Hugs,
Barb 

No comments:

Post a Comment